Tuesday, October 27, 2009

shame shame







I know I haven't posted in a while, but Nevaeh chewed up the cord that take my pictures from my camera to my computer, and I usually like to have a couple of pictures in the mix.






Yes, I said Nevaeh chewed the cord. And not the rubbery part. The hard metal usb port part. She also chewed up the lid of my uber-expensive water bottle, much like a small dog would have. Now I can easily tell it apart from all the other, non-chewed, bottles at the studio.






Part of the main reasons I was waiting for photos was to share Nevaeh's first day of school. As most of you who know and love us enough to read a blog about us will know that finding the right school was very important to me. Nevaeh is an amazing child. Creative, energetic, loving, enthusiastic, fun, outgoing, and fiercely passionate about life. This does not always translate to "great student", and more often than not it results in "you need to go see the principal". Finding a school that will let her personality blossom and not be crushed is very important to me.






But. Since we have plans to move to BC at some point in the near future, I decided to just plop her into the nearest public school's program and if she didn't like it I would just pull her out. We wound up at the Sunshine Corner in Greystone school, and my god does she love it. They are amazing. Very low kid-teacher ratio. Nevaeh is learning so much it is terrifying. New songs, crafts, and words every day she comes home.






She also recently got back her school pictures which almost made me cry. She is really hamming it up in one, which I will try to get on here. Another shows her beautiful laughing face, seeming like the photog just cracked a great joke. Another is more of a "I did something you won't like, but I'm not telling you what" look. I love all of them. I want all of them. Must supress the soccer mom in me that wants to run screaming through the streets "I have the most beautiful children in the world!!!!!"






As for the other princess, she is now 8 months old. Wanting to crawl so bad. Not quite there but she can get effectively around the room by doing a windmill style scoot on her bum. Through intricate movements alternating her legs she does quite well to get to what she wants. Which is everything. She has become very spicy as of late. She SHRIEKS with delight, anger, fear, sadness, and any other emotion she has to get your attention, as if to say "You! Fix this!" Her laughter is explosive, so much that she will throw herself around to help release it.






She is now into exploring all different kinds of foods. In fact if you are eating, she will immediatley demand to have what you have. When Nevaeh was a baby, I was fastidious about what she could and could not eat. No candy, chocolate, mcdonald's, etc. Naima is special. She has powers, which none of us, not even Nevaeh, can deny. What Nima wants, she gets. As soon as something she wants is denied to her for even moments, she starts into this shrill whine that will lead into all out screams of terror if said object continues to be denied to her. WAIT. Before you judge me, I challenge you to come to our place and spend the day with this delightful girl. If you dare, you can try to not give her something she wants, or even if you are truly sadistic take something from her. Trust me. Within an hour you will be crying just like Nevaeh: "give it to her, mommy!"

1 comment:

  1. oh nevaeh looks so excited to go to school in this.

    bahahahaha give it to her mommy!! lovely!

    ReplyDelete